Taylor Legal Blog

What if My Business Changes its Address

Posted by Katherine L. Taylor, Attorney and CPA, Chief Problem SolverSep 16, 20210 Comments

Has your business recently changed its office location or perhaps changed its resident agent? If so, you must make sure that you change that information with the state agency that holds all of that information about your entity. 

Why? Because the resident agent's address is where the state sends all of the important information like summonses, tax notices, etc, sent to your business. If you've changed your address, even if you've changed it with the post office (the state and the post office are completely different entities), the formal documents are still going to be sent to the address that's listed with the state. You have to make sure that you go online (hopefully you can do it online like you can in Maryland) and can file what is called a resolution to change your principal office or resident agent address. Once you do that, you can make sure that you're going to get all of those important notices that are sent to your business. 


5850 Waterloo Rd

Suite 140

Columbia, MD21045


443-420-4075 (fax)