Miriam Bell, CPA
Miriam Bell is a CPA and, in addition to being the financial brain of the firm, she manages her husband's business as well as two school-age daughters. (She also manages to find time to run races.)
Miriam attended the University of Maryland at College Park, where she earned a B.S. in both Accounting and Finance. Prior to her work with Taylor Legal, she spent time in public accounting as a financial statement auditor specializing in Government Contractors and Not-for-Profit entities while earning her CPA. She has over 10 years of experience in accounting and bookkeeping.
Miriam is essentially the CFO of Taylor Legal. She handles the financial accounting, budgeting and invoicing for the firm. Miriam has mastered two different accounting software programs for Taylor Legal, first PC Law, and now ActionStep.
What You May Not Know
- Ran cross-country in high school, and is almost always training for an upcoming race (except in summer, because muggy Maryland summers make running feel like swimming).
- Is an avid interior design fan, who often surprises her family by rearranging furniture while they are away.
- Married her high school sweetheart (after a brief hiatus).
- Was born in British Columbia, Canada, but raised in Maryland.
- Studied both French and German in high school, and now speaks neither very well.
- Is raising two strong-willed, intelligent and fierce little girls.