Andrea LeWinter, Attorney
Andrea received a J.D. cum laude from the New York University School of Law. She also has a Master of Public Policy degree from the J.F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, and an A.B. from Columbia College, Columbia University. Prior to working with Taylor Legal, she worked for the Attorney General's Office in Washington State. She also serves as a Hearing Examiner for the University of Maryland College Park.
In over ten years working with Taylor Legal, Andrea has gained a deep understanding of land use issues and prides herself on her honest and forthright assessment of legal issues and options, and her ability to work well with people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
Andrea lives in Columbia, Maryland with her three (3) sons, two (2) cats, and one (1) spouse.
Andrea handles a range of legal issues, but primarily focuses on land use matters (zoning, variances, conditional and nonconforming uses, HOA and covenant issues, and easements) and employment issues (for both employees and employers), serving as lead counsel or as co-counsel with Katherine.
Andrea believes that listening intently to clients, carefully explaining legal consequences and strategy, and clear and consistent client communication are key to an effective lawyer-client relationship.
Peace and Quiet
For the few hours a week that Andrea is not working or shuttling children to a myriad of activities, she enjoys just sitting still, preferably with a great podcast, novel, or crossword puzzle.
What You Probably Do Not Know
- Has lived in New York, California, Oxford England, Vermont, Washington State, and Maryland.
- Is not a fast runner, but is dedicated (-:
- Geeks out on Tudor History and many things British.
- Dreams of traveling all over the world.
- Loves fruit desserts even though her entire family are choc-o-holics.
- Started dating her husband when she was 20 and still thinks he is pretty cute.
- Used to teach Head Start and thinks listening to 3-year-olds is key to keeping it real.
- New York University School of Law, New York, NY
Juris Doctor, cum laude, 1999
- John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA
Master in Public Policy, 1995
- Columbia College, Columbia University, New York, NY
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Sociology, Dean's List, 1991
Admitted to Practice
- All Maryland Courts
- United States Supreme Court
Professional and Business Association Memberships
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Howard County Bar Association
- Women's Bar Association for Maryland and Howard County
- PTA Council of Howard County (Delegate)