From Howard County's Department of Planning and Zoning:
Deadline Fast Approaching for Comprehensive Rezoning Proposals
The Department of Planning and Zoning (DPZ) is accepting proposals for zoning map and regulation amendments through December 14, 2012. Any property owner may request a zoning map change on their property. For example, if a property is zoned for residential use, but the owner of that property wants the property zoned for business use, a request may be submitted. Requests for zoning regulation changes, also known as text changes, may be made by anyone. Until December 14, 2012, proposals for both types of zoning changes should be made via the official request forms, which can be found on the County's website (www.howardcountymd.gov/compzoning).
The 2012 Comprehensive Rezoning effort will include the following steps:
- DPZ accepts requests for zoning map and regulation changes
- DPZ compiles and evaluates all requests
- DPZ submits recommended changes to Planning Board and posts all properties
- Planning Board conducts a public hearing on recommendations
- Planning Board submits recommended actions to the Administration and County Council
- The Administration's revised proposal is introduced as legislation to the County Council for its consideration
- County Council holds a public hearing
- County Council votes on recommendations
For general information and questions about the comprehensive rezoning process, residents may submit specific inquiries via email at [email protected] and/or contact the County's information line at 410-313-0500.